How To Make The Perfect Fallout Game

Fallout games have been around for over two decades, and in that time, we’ve seen some brilliant new ideas, and suffered through some awful ones too. So let’s look at the whole Fallout franchise, figure out what worked (and what didn’t), and create a recipe for the perfect Fallout game…

Support us on Patreon

Join our Discord –

Find us on Reddit

Find us on Facebook

Fanfare for Space, Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License

Nguồn: https://behereonline.com

Xem thêm bài viết khác:

Article Categories:
Game

All Comments

• Great video! Do you plan on making one like this for TES? Id watch

Clay Mathews July 12, 2020 5:01 pm Reply
  • I'd love to have the starting perks back. In New Vegas you could choose that your character had terrible eye-sight. Stuff like that is always cool. What if you could choose that your character is particularly handsome or ugly, which would make NPC's treat you differently?

Boomerrage32 July 12, 2020 5:01 pm Reply
  • I dont think I ever ran out of time in Fallout 1 and I've probably played through it 10+ times.

Cha4k July 12, 2020 5:01 pm Reply
  • so basickly be able to make a place like dimond city or like so it rivals it? pepole start moving from that city to live in yours cuse they have heard its safer. and you cant start up a trade so you can sell wepions and or servises with the setelers you recrute and train or set one of you companions/follower to train them. join with the BoS and get the scimatics to make powerarmore and traid, or a robot factory and make new securitrons to defend your citys

Elliote Sköldhammar July 12, 2020 5:01 pm Reply
  • Currently the best thing for Fallout would be for it to be taken out of Bethesda's hands. That company has developed a firm reverse Midas touch, everything turns to shit after they're done with it.

Intse July 12, 2020 5:01 pm Reply
  • Cool ideas, but let's be honest, Fallout 5 will be complete garbage. Edit: I'll be happy to be proven wrong. Until then, I'll be playing Outer Worlds, thank you very much.

Jay Maverick July 12, 2020 5:01 pm Reply
  • That photo tour was pretty cool

Warren Erasmus July 12, 2020 5:01 pm Reply
  • What I like about fo4 far harbor dlc is that if you don't help the town folks they turn on you if you convince dima to turn himself in however I think they should have went a step further and punished Allen for his past crimes of murder(hes a serial killer you can see it when he kills the missionaries/dima he goes out of his way to do so) also if whatever you chose would have long lasting consequences I wish they would have done this on a wider scale with the entire game

hawk eye July 12, 2020 5:01 pm Reply
  • Fallout 5: The hunt for Grandpa. I'm calling it right now.

Charles Anthony July 12, 2020 5:01 pm Reply
  • the modular weapon system * weapon durability could be interesting if you added weapon durability but to each individual part. like, the barrel specifically could be damaged and if you had the right skill you could field strip your gun and remove the part altogether.

Sorley De Cesare July 12, 2020 5:01 pm Reply
  • the most fun I have ever had with a mod in a fallout game was a really basic fallout 4 mod that let you apply ANY upgrade to any weapon. This meant you could put the silencer for a laser gun on a fat man. It also meant you could put the liberty prime eye laser in a normal laser rifle. It was really fun to RP a sort of mad scientist for my institute run. the kind of crazed genius who would lead the institute in a very… interesting direction.

Sorley De Cesare July 12, 2020 5:01 pm Reply
  • I do enjoy the cryptids in Fo76 but I feel like they pop up a bit too much to feel like they're "rare". When I found the Grafton monster for the first time it felt really cool, but then I found like 4 more of them over the rest of the day and it kinda watered down the whole experience.

Kate Becker July 12, 2020 5:01 pm Reply
  • You forgot fallout Brotherhood of steel in the thumbnail. You had one fucking job.

The Terminators July 12, 2020 5:01 pm Reply
  • this video felt so good… for the first 20 minutes. Then my memory kicked in again, shoved my nostalgia aside and i remembered that Bethesda is Bethetic. I don't think there'll be another good fallout game.

Major Tom July 12, 2020 5:01 pm Reply
  • But what about THAT Fallout game…

You know. THAT one?

PoisonedAl July 12, 2020 5:01 pm Reply
  • Give us a new fallout with the depth, quests, quirkiness, choice of new Vegas. The open exploration and gritty survival aspects of 3 and the graphics and gunplay of 4. Plus the discovery and story telling from 1/2.

Plus more vaults, more lore!

Also remove settlements, we've done that to death. Put that focus into something else.

Clanwalk3r July 12, 2020 5:01 pm Reply
  • I actually like fallout one’s time limits, at least from an atmospheric standpoint. I think it adds to the feeling that the world doesn’t revolve around the player and makes it feel more lived in. Is it good for gameplay? No, not really, but it adds a lot as far as world building.

Many Mudkip 2 July 12, 2020 5:01 pm Reply
  • You don't need 47 minutes to say "old fallout caliber characters and stories"

Craig Martin July 12, 2020 5:01 pm Reply
  • I've often had a problem in Fallout games of finding a faction I actually liked. Fallout 4 was particularly awful in this way — I've never finished the game because I can't bring myself to side with anyone. I dislike them all.

Douglas Hoffman July 12, 2020 5:01 pm Reply
  • 30:30 How so? When I took Veronica as a companion she died just down the road fighting three Vipers. Just three dudes.

Ganizani Mwale July 12, 2020 5:01 pm Reply
  • 16:42: 'New Reno was designed by Chris Avellone and Tom French. Both of them are sexual GODS' Wow, I see what you mean about it dating the game… How topical. Perhaps 'Offender' might be more apt for one of them, though.

Lee July 12, 2020 5:01 pm Reply
  • The environment of Fallout 3 and the story/plot magnificence of Fallout New Vegas. Bam, perfect fallout game.

GreatHistoryTV July 12, 2020 5:01 pm Reply
  • i feel like a dick but I died laughing when he said "boone is a trained SNOIPUHH" great video though I agreed with all of the points

Steven James July 12, 2020 5:01 pm Reply
  • In terms of being able to build your own town that effects, and is effected by the rest of the world.
    Games like Kenshi, rimworld, and dwarf fortress, do that really well.

scruffles 383 July 12, 2020 5:01 pm Reply
  • Dont ask Bethesdea to make it :O

TheDarkSide69 July 12, 2020 5:01 pm Reply
  • but the sarcastic option has some gems as well. for example when the bos doctor asks you, if you've ever had sexual intercourse with a non human creature, the sarcastic answer is somehing along the lines of "well there was this one girl in college. I was pretty drunk, but I'm sure it counts" and that right there is my favorite answer in all of fallout 4.

Vali Koest7 July 12, 2020 5:01 pm Reply
  • 46:44 I think the final thing we need to get the perfect fallout game is definitely not have Bethesda working on it.

JNoir J July 12, 2020 5:01 pm Reply
  • Havent watched the vid yet but combine the explorability of fo3 with the dialogue of fNV and the gunplay of fo4

TheKeyMast3r July 12, 2020 5:01 pm Reply
  • ● You see: Scrub
    ● You see a short, stocky man.
    ● You cannot get there.

Feel the drama in that line…

I am not Sean Lock July 12, 2020 5:01 pm Reply
  • Some one once told me, "The people that didnt like 76 didnt actually play it." I hate to admit I gave 76 shit and have yet to play it.

oldmanface July 12, 2020 5:01 pm Reply
  • How to make the perfect Fallout game in one sentence:

Do NOTHING that Fallout 76 did.

NightinXgale July 12, 2020 5:01 pm Reply
  • I couldnt understand a word you said in the first 5 seconds

ÝūxğĞūxp ÝūxğĞūxp July 12, 2020 5:01 pm Reply
  • Susprised I didn’t see how FO4 made power Armor feel like power Armor

Disabled-wiimote July 12, 2020 5:01 pm Reply
  • The best feature for the next Fallout game has to be "Built for Modding".
    I swear, I had given up on playing Fallout 4 after it changed my mod load order, causing every save (including new games) to crash.

And also, I'm not sure how difficult it is to implement this but in Prey(2017) you can install mods by simply dropping one .pak file into a precache folder for mods. EDIT: Basically just have a folder for players to drop a file into just to mod instead of fumbling around with a mod manager.

Joshulties July 12, 2020 5:01 pm Reply
  • To be fair to Fallout: NV, the reason you can't play after the game finishes is because Bethesda gave Obsidian 18 short months to complete the game. If I remember correctly they said that they wanted for players to see the aftermath of their game ending decision. If they had been given a good amount of fair amount of time, just imagine how much better it could've been. It's good now and much content was cut.
    For Fallout 76, I really enjoy Photo mode. It's awesome to see my past experiences as loading screen

A High Ferret July 12, 2020 5:01 pm Reply
  • IO actually liked the time limit.

Garrette July 12, 2020 5:01 pm Reply
  • Honestly I have to agree with the majority of what you said, and honestly I really liked FO76.

Thorin Mason July 12, 2020 5:01 pm Reply
  • Just remaster fallout new Vegas smh

Lino Oliva July 12, 2020 5:01 pm Reply
  • Tbh if there's anything I'd want to be carried over from the previous games into a new Fallout, it'd be: how VATS functioned in FO4, and all of the perks that made it function even better

What a Wonderful Nightmare July 12, 2020 5:01 pm Reply
  • Step 1: Create NPCs

Bruce Weiner July 12, 2020 5:01 pm Reply
  • Best fallout game should be made like

Make a actual RPG while adding little bit of FPS vibes.
    Get a new engine.
    Allow Obsidien help you make it.
    Add NPCS like wtf "RPG" with no NPCS?
    Listen to us and make right choices.
    Don't make huge updates full of microtransactions.
    Don't Mislead us while buying RL items.
    Allow the players to choose where the story goes like a actual RPG.
    Return Single player.
    Don't promise things that you can't do.
    Learn from your MISTAKES .
    Make the lore juicy like in FO1 FO2.
    And many many more.

Hunter July 12, 2020 5:01 pm Reply
  • FO1 – worldbuilding, lack of a single breadcrumb trail.
    FO2 – worldbuilding, communities and greater events occurring around you.
    FO3 – anarchic unpredictability of the general wasteland.
    FONV – character-eclectic quest design.
    FO4 – weapon customization, base building.
    FO76 – world design, wildlife.

For anyone who forgets to watch the whole thing.

Peter Mamaev July 12, 2020 5:01 pm Reply
  • This didn't really explain anything. It was just you talking about things you liked in each game…

Koehler Rock July 12, 2020 5:01 pm Reply
  • Another minor idea that can be really neat: a complete genocide route (the ability to kill literally EVERYBODY AND EVERYTHING YOU MEET)
    In new Vegas a lack of character invincibility helped provide systems that opened up possibilities in the whole story, but what would happen if instead of “No Gods No Masters” with yes men, you were effectively an insane person that both the NCR AND Legion were so scared of that they teamed up to try to kill you. This kind of route could allow for a HUGE amount of open choice

Kevin I July 12, 2020 5:01 pm Reply
  • I disagree with your opinion about the fallout 3 subway system, the subway system was genuinely awfully designed, with the lines to get to where you need to go being lost in a lot branches of complex paths that lead nowhere with a local map that SUCKED

When it comes to quest markers I have a middle of the road solution, instead of an exact marker ever being present you have a “quest circle” where the marker is somewhere in a big circle in a whole town, couple of buildings, or rooms. This incentivized exploring while also not deemphasizing structure.

The issue: this system takes more time as each circle needs to be specified to EACH quest objective

Kevin I July 12, 2020 5:01 pm Reply
  • While I get your New Vegas companion criticism, let us not forget that New Vegas has a hardcore mode where companions could die PERMANENTLY, and Fallout 4 had no such mode, despite having a mode called Survival. Not a complaint of the video or criticism, more so just pointing something out.

Kris Sturm July 12, 2020 5:01 pm Reply
  • Get this. Outer world's. But FALLOUT.
    And long

Hobbes Goblin July 12, 2020 5:01 pm Reply
  • Here’s one minor idea that I have that I really like:

In fallout new Vegas most quests are named after songs: “ain’t that a kick in the head”, “heartache by the number”, “bye bye love”, the list goes on

What if they kept that, but after you complete the quest, the radio system would actually start to PLAY the song, providing not only good ambiance along with the radio person commenting on your actions, but also further incentivizing side quests

Kevin I July 12, 2020 5:01 pm Reply
  • Movement needs a rework in fallout. Give us vaulting from hip to chest height. Rolling to avoid fall damage, sliding behind cover to get there quicker. The gunplay was improved in fo4 fixing movement will fuether improve it in fo5 too.

john 0 July 12, 2020 5:01 pm Reply